The MacKillop welcomes enquiries from high-quality research candidates (Honours, Masters, PhD) to undertake projects in our areas of research:
- environmental and behavioural epidemiological studies aimed at:
- identifying key physical and social aspects of urban environments which promote physical and cognitive health across the lifespan
- understanding how genetic, psychosocial and behavioural factors interact with the environment to impact on health identifying optimal person- and environment-tailored intervention strategies for the promotion of health-related behaviours
- clinical-based exercise-nutrition studies and interventions for:
- improving and maintaining bone and muscle health
- improving and maintaining metabolic health
- the prevention and management of the adverse effects of cancer
- focused studies to understand and describe the individual impact of risk behaviours and disease
- the promotion of equitable access to health services and active-friendly communities.
Please contact MMIHR.ResearchAdmin@acu.edu.au if you would like to find out more about undertaking a research project with The MacKillop.