Higher Degree Research (HDR) Study at The MacKillop
As a research intensive environment within ACU, The MacKillop serves as an exemplary training ground for aspiring health service researchers. The Institute is founded on a truly multidisciplinary faculty of world-class researchers who bring multiple and diverse strengths and ideas within an environment of national and international collaborations from Europe to Africa. The Institute’s integral partners include St Vincent’s Hospital (Melbourne), The Mater Hospital (Brisbane), Maastricht University (The Netherlands), The National Heart Foundation of Australia and the Hatter Institute (Republic of South Africa).
The Institute provides a world-class research training environment, which includes:
- leading international academics providing experienced supervision
- competitive scholarships
- an intellectual and social support network of international scholars
- an inclusive intellectual environment based on a collaborative ethos
- financial support for professional development
- state-of-the-art facilities and dedicated administrative support
- grant and publication writing support
The talent of our HDR students and early career researchers has been recognised through various awards including a NHMRC/National Heart Foundation of Australia Early Career Fellowship, an Endeavour Fellowship and a NHMRC Dora Lush Biomedical Postgraduate Research Scholarship.