NHMRC Centre for Research Excellence to Reduce Inequality in Heart Disease Summit
Parliament House, Canberra
- Minister for Health, the Hon Greg Hunt MP
- Shadow Minister for Health and Medicare, the Hon Catherine King MP
- Leader of the Australian Greens and Health Spokesperson, Senator Richard Di Natale
- The Summit will provide new insights and the latest strategic thinking on improving heart health outcomes in disadvantaged groups, including:
- A description of the high burden of risk (including metabolic disorders) and established heart disease in vulnerable communities;
- An understanding of the determinants that contribute to health outcome inequalities
- Insights into interventions that can effectively address health outcome inequalities;
- Innovative and cost-effective health care programs to deliver state-of-the art prevention and disease management strategies to reduce cardiac events in Indigenous communities;
- Translation of these strategies into sustainable health services to meet the additional needs of those living in Regional and Remote Australia.
If you are interested in attending or would like further information, please contact Mr Gary Layton.
Mr Gary Layton
Senior Professional and Community Relations Manager
Mary MacKillop Institute for Health Research, ACU
Ph: (03) 9230 8163